MusicUNTOLD is a multidisciplinary organization devoted to presenting arts and educational programs that promote diversity and human dignity.
MusicUNTOLD is a non-profit arts education organization that promotes the arts through education, performance, exhibitions, and community outreach opportunities. Founded by John Malveaux in 2009 as the production branch of the Long Beach Central Area Association, MusicUNTOLD works with community partners in order to make art accessible to all. All MusicUNTOLD programs are free except one ticketed concert per year.
Non-profit and educational organizations that received free tickets in 2011 include:
- Elizabeth Seton House (Catholic Charities)
- St. Mary Medical Center/Families in Good Health Program
- Leadership Long Beach 2011 Youth Graduating Class
- Beacon House of San Pedro (drug rehab program)
- NAACP High School & College Programs (various)
- Poly High School ROTC (participants in 150th anniversary of the Civil War during JUNETEENTH WorldWide Concert)
- Goodwill Industries
This year in lieu of JUNETEENTH we have partnered with Classical KUSC radio to present the 150th Anniversary EMANCIPATION PROCLAMATION CONCERT.
The Long Beach Central Area Association is a 501(c)3, non-profit, tax-exempt organization.